Terms and Conditions
All items purchased from Dream Furnishings are subject to the terms and conditions set out here and on the additional pages listed below. Please ensure you have fully read and understood the terms and conditions before ordering from the website. By placing an order with us you are accepting that you agree with the terms and conditions lay out and are bound by them. Should you require further clarification on our terms and conditions, please get in touch.
1. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, is severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. If we fail, at any time while these terms and conditions are in force, to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or if we do not exercise any of our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions, that will not mean that we have waived such rights or remedies and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you that will not mean that we will automatically waive any subsequent default by you. No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless we expressly say that it is a waiver and we tell you so in writing.
3. A person who is not party to these terms and conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
4. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We have made every effort to accurately represent the information and colours of products on this website. However, as colours may slightly vary between different monitors, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display will accurately reflect the actual product colour. We will take every care to ensure that product information and pricing are accurate at the time they are entered. All sizes and measurements are carefully entered but you can always call us if you have any query about anything.
The responsibility for the goods transfers to the customer upon delivery, except in cases where the products received are damaged or the incorrect products have been delivered by us. Liability for items which are lost or damaged after delivery will belong solely to the customer.
Contracts formed between you (the customer) and Dream Furnishings (the retailer) will be governed according to English Law, and as such, disputes which occur shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Please ensure when purchasing items that you are aware of the total purchase price. This amount will be confirmed to you on the review your order page and on your confirmation email, and queries regarding pricing should be raised as soon as possible. You are responsible for checking prices at the time the order is placed as prices are subject to change without notice.
1. We will take reasonable steps to pack the Goods properly and to ensure that you receive your Order in good condition.
2. We will not be responsible for any defect in the Goods arising from wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, if you use the Goods in a way that we or the manufacturer do not recommend, your failure to follow our or the manufacturer’s instructions, or any alteration or repair you carry out without our prior written approval.
3. These terms and conditions apply to any repaired or replacement Goods we supply to you in the unlikely event that the original Goods are faulty or do not otherwise conform to these terms and conditions.
1. Any photographs, models, samples, drawings, sizes and/or product description or advertising we issue, and any illustrations contained in our catalogues, brochures, emails or on our website are produced solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the Goods they describe and/or are representative of the finished product. All Goods are manufactured within the standard industry measurement tolerances.
2. Your Order is unique to you and will be supplied in accordance with the instructions and specification as detailed in our Order Confirmation. Every effort will be made to match all colours and finishes in our stores. Notwithstanding this all Goods are purchased and supplied, on the understanding that there may be slight dye, shade and grain variations, particularly with natural products such as wood and leather. Leather products are made from quality hides and may not be uniform in colour or texture and will show natural marks and scars. Colours may also change with age and exposure to sun and other climatic conditions.
3. Where stated some images have been digitally created to illustrate the colour options available from the range. These colours will be affected by your monitor and by your printer and therefore may not be 100% accurate to the finished product. Exact colour swatches can be obtained from our stores.
4. Occasionally we may supply Goods with minor differences in specification due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Should this be the case any differences will result in the Goods being of an equal or improved standard, and it will not affect your rights under the law, and the quality coding and guarantee will continue to apply.
Prices shown on the site are inclusive of VAT; however, you should be aware that an additional delivery charge is applied. The total amount payable, including delivery charge, will be displayed before the order is confirmed by the customer and the order is placed. Details of our delivery policy can be found in our help section.
Title and risk
1. The Goods will be your responsibility from the time of delivery.
2. Ownership of the Goods will only pass to you when we receive payment in full of all sums due for the Goods, including delivery charges.
We will require payment in full of the value of the Order inclusive of VAT and any delivery costs at the time the Order is made. In the event that the cancellation rights in clause 4.2 apply this is refundable. The price of the Goods will be as quoted on our site from time to time. The delivery charge will be as set out in clause above.
Title and risk The prices of Goods include VAT. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your Order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Goods in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
1. The prices of Goods and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes, other than changes in the VAT rate as set out in clause 9.4, will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation. If however any product is priced wrongly by mistake, we reserve the right to cancel the order or to offer our best price.
2. Payment for all Goods must be by credit, debit card or bank transfer.
All products are subject to availability. If an order is placed and an item is not in stock then an email informing you of this will be sent and that item will be cancelled and refunded.
If the item formed part of a multiple order then additional items on the same order will still be dispatched, and the cost of the out-of-stock item(s) will be refunded. If the out of stock item was purchased as part of a multi-buy promotion then we will refund your card at the promotional price so that you still receive the remaining item in the offer at the promotional price.
The payment card will be debited immediately after the order is accepted. Therefore, if any item is subsequently cancelled a refund will then be credited back to your account.
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. In addition, in the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, Dream Furnishings will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the Dream Furnishings website you consent to such checks being made. We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
When an order is placed by the customer an email will be sent which acknowledges receipt of the order placed. It is not an order confirmation or order acceptance. By placing an order via the Dream Furnishings website or over the telephone the customer agrees to purchase the item(s) in question. Acceptance of the order takes place once the order is dispatched and a confirmation email is sent. The contract formed at this point relates to the products listed in the dispatch confirmation email, and Dream Furnishings is not obliged to supply any further products (regardless of order time) until a confirmation note has been sent to the customer.
- We are a registered data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and we will comply with the statutory requirements imposed on us to keep your personal data confidential and secure. We are fully compliant with the Act.
- Telephone conversations with us may be recorded for the purposes of monitoring customer service standards and for security.
- Your information (or the information of the nominated adult) will be used to process your Order, deliver your Goods and/or to handle any claims made under the guarantee. In order to do so we will need to disclose your personal data to selected third parties including a finance company when applicable.
- If you so choose, your personal data can also be used to enable us, or certain carefully selected third parties to notify you of any special offers or services we feel may be of relevance and interest to you. To do this we may share your personal data with carefully selected third parties.
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site or telephone sales system, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your legal rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Dream Furnishings Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 14 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter (if sent from the UK).In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter posted in the UK, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- All delivery times quoted at the time of order are estimated and so cannot be guaranteed. Whilst we will make every effort to deliver within the estimated delivery time, occasionally deliveries may be affected by factors beyond our control. We will deliver to the delivery address stated in the Order and confirmed by us in the Order Confirmation. Should you wish to change the delivery address from the address given in the Order and confirmed by us in the Order Confirmation then you must have notified us and have obtained our agreement in writing to any change in delivery address prior to any delivery taking place.
- We will contact you where applicable to arrange delivery and to ensure that full payment has been made prior to your Order being delivered. We will offer you an initial delivery slot but if this is not acceptable we will offer you a maximum of two reasonable alternatives. We reserve the right to charge a storage charge in the event you do not reasonably accept delivery. If you are not going to accept delivery yourself, you must notify us in advance of the nominated adult who will take delivery.
- Goods will be delivered to Mainland Britain and Northern Ireland only.
- A delivery charge will apply on all orders. The amount is variable depending on the Order and is made clear at the point of Order, and will be contained on our Order Confirmation. Unfortunately we are not able to arrange for collection of Goods from our distribution centres on sales processed through our site.
- Where you have ordered multiple Goods from us we may need to make more than one delivery to you. This is particularly the case where Goods are delivered directly from the supplier on specialist transport. Where this is necessary we will not charge you extra delivery costs for this. If you ask us to deliver the Order in instalments, we may charge you extra delivery costs.
- Delivery of the Order shall be completed when we deliver the Goods to you.
- We do not hold or store Goods, therefore if you fail to accept the reasonable delivery dates offered to you, then, except where this failure is caused by our failure to comply with these terms and conditions or by an event beyond our control;
(a)We will store the Goods until delivery takes place and may charge you a reasonable sum currently £25 per week to cover expenses Any such charges must be cleared before delivery will take place.
- Clause 7.7 will not apply where the Goods are available before the delivery date detailed in the Order Confirmation or as agreed with you where you have stipulated a “not before date” on your Order, and which has been confirmed on the Order Confirmation.
- It is essential that you notify us of any possible restrictions to access into your home when placing your Order so that we can perform a risk assessment. In particular you should consider vehicle access, lifts, staircases and room access. Should windows or doors need to be removed to allow access, it is your responsibility to arrange this at your own cost and at your own risk.
- We recommend that you do not dispose of your existing furniture until one day prior to your confirmed delivery date.
- We deliver only to the first floor of any house/apartment block, except when arranged separately within the Order and confirmed in the Order Confirmation. Any such arrangement may incur an additional charge that we shall advise to you.
- You must ensure that you or a nominated adult with (if we so request in order to prevent fraudulent activity) appropriate ID (driving licence or passport) are available on the day and the point of delivery to sign for the Goods.
- You must also ensure that on the day of delivery access to your preferred location of the Goods is clear and free of any obstruction. If you or a nominated adult are not available or the access is not clear and free of any obstruction, then we will not deliver your Goods. This will result in a re-delivery of your Goods and a further delivery charge will be levied.
- Goods intended to be assembled by you will not be unpacked at the point of delivery.
- We do not accept any responsibility for damage to your property during delivery other than damage due to our negligence when our liability is limited to the repair of that damage with no element of betterment. It is the customer responsibility to check the item upon collection and if there is any damage, customer should report to us within 3 working days.
We reserve the right to refuse an order. Such refusal may arise from, but is not limited to, the following situations: the item requested is out of stock; we are unable to authorise payment for the order; and/or an error in the item information, including pricing or promotion details, if you have not complied with our terms and conditions of sale or if we are unable to deliver your order.
To cancel your order for any reason, please contact us via email or telephone as soon as possible. If you have already received an email from us stating that your order has been sent/dispatched, then please follow the instructions on our Delivery/Returns page. Orders purchased in stores will have different cancellation policy.
If you wish to return the Goods to us:
- because you have cancelled the Contract between us in terms of the Distance Selling Regulations, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible but within 30 days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation. In such cases, we will refund the price of the product in full, and any applicable delivery charges, although for the avoidance of doubt we shall be entitled to offset and retain any collection charges we may incur in collecting the Goods. (b)for any other reason (for instance, because you consider the Goods are faulty), we will discuss the issue with yourselves and, if necessary examine the returned Goods. Should we agree the Goods are faulty we would reserve the right to discuss with you whether it would be more appropriate to repair the Goods in question, as per the Claim Resolution Policy given below. Should we agree with you that the Goods should be returned and you should obtain a refund, we will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via e-mail that you were entitled to a refund. We will refund the price of the Goods in full, any applicable delivery charges and not charge you any collection charge for collecting the Goods from you. - We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
The provisions of clause 4.2 will not apply to any Goods which
- )You have bought either online or by telephone which you have previously viewed at one of our stores
- Are bespoke and handmade to your specification. Please note that all of our Goods are bespoke and handmade to your specification unless they are clearly identified as stock items. To reiterate, please be aware that for Goods that are bespoke and handmade to your specification you will not have a right to cancel the Goods, or return the Goods once delivered unless the Goods are faulty so please carefully consider your decision to place your Order before doing so
- Any Goods which cannot by their nature be disassembled once they have been partially assembled (such as flat pack coffee tables).
Ownership of the products will pass to the customer on delivery of goods or upon receipt of full payment (including postage costs) being received by us, whichever is the later.
Claim Resolution Policy
Your satisfaction is guaranteed even in the unlikely event that your furniture is delivered or installed with any damage or manufacturing defect. As a matter of first recourse we will arrange repair in situ along with the supply of any spare parts required from the original suppliers. If this is not possible we will provide an exact replacement. If we have exhausted the above will we provide a full refund. Please note that any damage or defect must be reported at time of delivery. Resolution of any claim made after this time will be at our discretion.